Checkmed provides a double check, promotes hygiene and contributes to the prevention of wound infections
Checkmed provides you with a clear and simple method to prepare and control medication in the OR. This greatly improves safety.
Sensitive for errors in the coordination of an OR
The current working procedure is that syringes and medication are arranged by an anaesthetist (anaesthesiologist), on every injection there is an ampoule. A second employee distributes the medication into the corresponding syringe. This is confirmed by both members of staff and initialled. This medication is then generally placed into a disposable pulp sick bowl. This procedure itself can differ per hospital and can be more or less extensive. This is a very simple procedure but can be prone to errors due to the hectic environment of an OR.
Checkmed is designed to provide a controlled and structured approach. The medication and the content of the syringe remain intact until the moment of administering the drug. Checkmed is designed to provide that all important double check. Through the use of markers it can be determined if all control conditions are fully satisfied.
The key features and advantages of Checkmed are:
- Checkmed is made for and by anaesthetists
- Developed on the bases of feedback received from anaesthesia personnel and anaesthesiologists
- IGZ, MediRisk and WIP guidance requirements adhered to for design
- Clearly structured design
- Relationship between the medication and injection continues until time of administrating the drug
- Small, compact and light-weight
- Made from dust-free, biodegradable starch product (Paperfoam©)
- Dust-free, therefore anti-bacterial
- Disposable, so no negative hygiene issues